[TN-Bird] Hidden Valley Lake

  • From: "Mike" <hawk036@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 14:27:44 -0400

Went out this morning 06-10-2009 to Hidden Valley Lake (Washington Co VA).
Gary Cooper was with me this morning. We had a good day of birding, Gary
Picked up two life birds and I picked up one. We walked the trail suggested
on the Bristol Bird Club web site, worth the trip but it was a chilly
morning up there. We also went out Moccasin Valley Road and up Fire Tower
Road (Clinch Mtn Fire Tower). Below is a list of what we saw, we heard a lot
more birds than what I have listed including a hooded warbler on Fire Tower
Rd who wouldn't show himself but I only record what I see.

Sighting Record Listing - 5/10/2009 - 5/10/2009

Black-throated Blue Warbler Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 8 = /EO /TM/OG

American Robin Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 5 = /EO /TM/OG

Blue-headed Vireo Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 3 = /EO /TM/OG

Broad-winged Hawk Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 3 = /EO /TM/OG

Dark-eyed Junco Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 17 = /EO /TM/OG

Red-eyed Vireo Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 11 = /EO /TM/OG

Black-and-white Warbler Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 2 = /EO /TM/OG

Scarlet Tanager Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 3 = /EO /TM/OG

Black-throated Green Warbler Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 1 = /EO /TM/OG

Canada Warbler Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 5 = /EO /TM/OG

American Crow Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 5 = /EO /TM/OG

Pileated Woodpecker Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 1 = /EO /TM/OG

Ovenbird Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 2 = /EO /TM/OG

Ruby-throated Hummingbird Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 1 = /EO /TM/OG

Magnolia Warbler Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 2 = /EO /TM/OG

Wild Turkey Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 2 = /EO /TM/OG

American Goldfinch Hidden Valley Lake VA US May 10, 2009

= 11 = /EO /TM/OG

Blue Jay Russell VA US May 10, 2009

= 2 = /OG /TA Moccasin Valley Rd

American Goldfinch Russell VA US May 10, 2009

= 1 = /OG /TA Moccasin Valley Rd

American Robin Russell VA US May 10, 2009

= 1 = /OG /TA Moccasin Valley Rd

American Crow Russell VA US May 10, 2009

= 4 = /OG /TA Moccasin Valley Rd

Red-winged Blackbird Russell VA US May 10, 2009

= 2 = /OG /TA Moccasin Valley Rd

Barn Swallow Russell VA US May 10, 2009

= 2 = /OG /TA Moccasin Valley Rd

Northern Mockingbird Russell VA US May 10, 2009

= 3 = /OG /TA Moccasin Valley Rd

European Starling Russell VA US May 10, 2009

= 3 = /OG /TA Moccasin Valley Rd

Eastern Meadowlark Russell VA US May 10, 2009

= 2 = /OG /TA Moccasin Valley Rd

Tree Swallow Clinch Mtn Fire Tower Rd VA US May 10, 2009

= 2 = /OG /TA

Dark-eyed Junco Clinch Mtn Fire Tower Rd VA US May 10, 2009

= 1 = /OG /TA

Blue Jay Clinch Mtn Fire Tower Rd VA US May 10, 2009

= 1 = /OG /TA

Black-and-white Warbler Clinch Mtn Fire Tower Rd VA US May 10, 2009

= 1 = /OG /TA

Eastern Bluebird Clinch Mtn Fire Tower Rd VA US May 10, 2009

= 1 = /f /OG /TA

Yellow-rumped Warbler Clinch Mtn Fire Tower Rd VA US May 10, 2009

= 3 = /OG /TA

Printed May 10, 2009 ~ MIKE data set~

Michael Sanders

Bristol, VA