[TN-Bird] Herons at Brainerd Levee

  • From: Hugh Barger <hughbarger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 16:22:37 -0400

Hello everyone,
I birded at Brainerd Levee in Chattanooga, Hamilton County, at about 9 AM
today 7/2/14.  I was joined by 2 other birder friends, Janice Chadwell and
Libby Wolf.  We sighted a FOS of the season Little Blue heron ( immature)
and also re-found the Yellow-crowned Night Heron that I saw on 6/25.  In
addition we had at least three green herons, one great egret, two belted
kingfishers, an eastern kingbird, and two osprey.

Hugh Barger
Ooltewah TN