[TN-Bird] Herndon TOS Summer '04 Bird Count

  • From: Dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:31:12 EDT

This is a preliminary report on the Herndon TOS Summer Bird Count held June
5, 2004 in Carter Co., TN.  With our usual able compiler Rick Knight in the
Pribiloffs, I  filled in at the last minute.   Any of the participants who
notice
errors in this report are requested to send me corrections.

We fielded 11 (?) participants in four parties, logging 260 miles by car and
7 miles by foot from 5:45 am to 10:30 pm, counting a total of 113 species.  My
list of participants may be incomplete, and I would appreciate it if party
leaders would e-mail me any additions or corrected spellings.  I believe
participants included Tom McNeil, Bryan Stevens, Howard Langridge, David
Thometz,
Reece Jamerson, Tess Cumbie, Larry McDaniel, Gil Derouen, Don Holt, John Hay
and
Dianne Draper.  Many thanks to the fine folks who helped out with this count,
whether I listed you properly here or not.

Pied-billed Grebe - 6
Double-crested Cormorant - 1
Great Blue Heron - 1
Green Heron - 1