[TN-Bird] Hermit Thrush & Hairy Woodpeckers

  • From: "Roy and Melissa Turrentine" <roymel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bird line" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:13:50 -0500

Yesterday while in our woods at my studio, I had a hermit thrush appear,
wagging his tail ever so often. It showed me his rusty rump and  stayed around,
feeding on the ground & flying to close branches, for several minutes.
While traveling by car down my ridge, we had three hairy woodpeckers (one close
to the second spotting of two others). Do these have a habit of flocking
together this time of year? Roy had several together last year this time of
year & we were curious.
Melissa Turrentine
Normandy TN
Bedford Co