[TN-Bird] Help with a sound I.D., please.

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:09:40 EDT

Blessings to you all on Labor Day,

Here in Charlotte Park, West Nashville, Davidson County, I have been hearing
a sound for several days that I just cannot place.  I do not know if it is a
bird, an insect OR whatever.

It is a somewhat bell-like "tee tee tee tee.........." on and on constantly.

It is on about the same pitch as a slow downy woodpecker call, but a little
more melodic.

It is about at the speed of a telephone which is giving a circuit busy signal
when the long distance lines are busy.

It calls at all times of day and night.

It is in the hackberry trees in my back yard and has also been heard in the
althea, poke berry and grape vines around my deck.

I have not SEEN a particular bird doing this although the entire area is
filled with several species of birds at all times.

I cannot remember hearing this particular sound before, or, at my advanced
age, I just don't remember it.

Can anyone give me a clue?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Dee Thompson