[TN-Bird] Harris's Sparrow strike-out.

  • From: Bill Pulliam <littlezz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 12:01:10 -0600

Apparently no one can relocate any of my CBC rarities, not even me. No luck with the Harris's Sparrow in Maury county this morning (1/9/2013), in spite of a good number of White-crowned Sparrows present in the area. I have little confidence though that I would have definitely found the bird were it still there, given the weather and my being only one set of eyes. White-crowns were in the hedgerows pretty much continuously from the original spot west to the junction with Rippey Lake Road.

Did find 5 Vesper Sparrows along Rippey Lake -- where were THEY on CBC day??

Also attaching the one really lousy photo of the Glaucous Gull at Pickwick Dam from the Savannah CBC on 1/3/2013. Badly digiscoped. Blobs to right are Ring-billed Gulls. Pretty much shows only its hugeness and whiteness.

Bill Pulliam
Hohenwald TN

JPEG image