[TN-Bird] Re: Hamilton co - camp Jordan - scissor-tailed flycatcher

  • From: "Ginger Goolsby" <vgoolsby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <shelbyforester1223@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Tennessee Bird List'" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 11:23:36 -0400

Very nice video. Thanks, Carole.

Those field trip were really neat!!

Ginger

From: tn-bird-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tn-bird-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Carole Gobert
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 8:30 AM
To: shelbyforester1223@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Tennessee Bird List
Subject: [TN-Bird] Re: Hamilton co - camp Jordan - scissor-tailed flycatcher

Further information on Professor Than Boves:  He is well known to the members
of KTOS having spent 2008-2011 at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville
where he studied under Dr. David Buehler and received his Ph.D. in Natural
Resources (Wildlife Ecology).  He is best remembered for his outstanding
research on Cerulean Warblers in the Cumberland Mountains for which he was the
recipient of three J.B. Owen Awards.  While here he spoke at KTOS meetings and
led several very popular field trips to his research site to view the
Ceruleans.  For an amazing video experience, take a look at
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_macMkV3EY>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_macMkV3EY.

Carole Gobert, Knoxville

  _____

Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 16:24:18 -0500
From: shelbyforester1223@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: tboves@xxxxxxxxxx

​Last week, while serving as a docent at the Memphis Zoo, I met a visiting
family from Jonesboro, AR.  During the conversation, the father introduced
himself as Prof Than J Boves, professor of biology at Arkansas State
University.  Prof Boves remaked that he and his graduate students are most
interested in any information regarding Scissor-tailed Flycatchers in Tennessee
as well as Arkansas.  They are especially interested in reports of
Scissor-tailed Flycatchers and kingbirds hybridizing.

Professor Boves email is tboves@xxxxxxxxxx

Van Harris

Millington, TN

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Dan Jacobson <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Kudos to Janice Chadwell for refinding and reporting. Great looking bird.
Hopefully it will stay around for the Spring Meeting. Present from 5:40 -  6:20
PM EDT with much of the time spent hawking for insects from the ground.
Daniel Jacobson
Hixson (Hamilton County ), TN

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 2, 2014, at 5:49 PM, tim jeffers <tim.a.jeffers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> 5/2/14 the scissor-tailed FC that David Hollie reported a few days ago is
> there again now
>
> Currently it is in the vicinity of the walking bridge

NOTES TO SUBSCRIBER

               Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
                        Clemson, SC

                       MAP RESOURCES