[TN-Bird] Green Heron

  • From: Tim Riddle <ace.gezo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:12:02 -0600

I recently moved from Overton Co. to Rutherford Co. and am seeing and
hearing plenty of birds in the area. Across the street from our house is a
small marshy area that I though would be a good magnet for birds and it
apparently is. I see plenty of raptors, Including a Kestrel on Thursday and
have heard two Great Horned Owls across the street on several occasions. We
have been hearing a particular bird at night in the area and sorting
through the calls on verious web sites it sounds like a Green Heron but
most maps I have seen show that this is not in their winter range. Is it
possible?

Tim Riddle
Rutherford Co.