[TN-Bird] Greater White-fronted Geese

  • From: Ryan Kamp <lewa_green@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 19:05:14 -0800 (PST)

After hearing of a Greater White-fronted Goose (possibly geese) sighting
yesterday at a pond that belongs to someone I know, I jumped over there after
work to see if it was still around. I stopped at the house so they could guide
me through the woods, along the river, and ultimately the beaver pond where the
geese were hopefully sticking put. We made our way back for about ten minutes
before reaching the pond, where we flushed a decent sized flock of Mallards,
and, lo and behold, two adult Greater White-fronted Geese, who where much more
tolerant of us than the flighty ducks. Very excited that they finally made it
to my neck of the woods, and for a somewhat rare Life Bird.

Peddler Road, McMinn, US-TN
Mar 3, 2014 5:45 PM - 5:53 PM
Protocol: Stationary
1 species

Greater White-fronted Goose  2    Both of them seen together on a small
river-side pond today and yesterday. Slight size difference between them, so
very possibly a male and female. A Life Bird for me.

View this checklist online at

Ryan Trenkamp
Niota, Tennessee
McMinn County