[TN-Bird] Good Warbler Month in Our Yard

  • From: "Tommy Curtis" <tcbirdwatch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird Post" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:12:08 -0500

This morning was a warbler wonder!  We had a Golden-winged, our second ever in
the yard Brewster’s Backcross, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Tennessee, and
American Redstart, some in multiples.  For the month of September so far other
warblers were: Yellow-throated, Yellow, Common Yellow-throat, Northern Parula,
Pine, Palm, Cape May, Blackburnian, Yellow-breasted Chat, Cerulean, Black and
White, Blue-winged, and Blackpoll.  Vireos today were Red-eyed, White-eyed, and
Philadelphia.  No only are we seeing these gorgeous birds but almost all of
them have been at some time in the trees just 25 feet away at almost eye level
with our deck.  No “warbler neck pain” is an added bonus to seeing these little
beauties.  We’re down to one hummer feeder as a huge number left after the
worst wind storm a few weeks ago that we’ve experienced in our 11 years living
here – at least we hope they left but can’t help wondering if they might have
been killed as the majority missing after the storm were the ones born this
year.

Tommy & Virginia Curtis
Smithville, TN
DeKalb County