[TN-Bird] Golden-crowned Sparrow pix

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:59:12 -0600

12/26/05
Covington, TN
Tipton Co.

Thanks to everyone for getting the word out on this stunner, I decided to
pass up on sleeping yesterday and meet Jeff at the home of the very gracious
Kunkels. As Jeff said, we had great looks at the bird.

The bird spent a lot of time in heavy cover yesterday, seeming to prefer the
cedar trees in Keith's yard. We only had the bird at the feeder just before
dark, after arriving at 3:00 PM. This bird is very easy to overlook as it
sits motionless in these cedars, often in the interior of the trees.

This bird will no doubt continue to draw a crowd, lets hope it's found its
winter vacation spot, and this would seem to be the case.

I have posted a few decent shots of the bird in a new gallery on my webpage.
To view go here:
http://www.pbase.com/mctodd/tn_goldencrowned_sparrow  Double-clicking any
thumbnail will enlarge the photo, and then you can just navigate with the
previous and next tabs.

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN