[TN-Bird] Godwits and Phalarope

  • From: "Ginger Goolsby" <vgoolsby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-BIRDS" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:19:09 -0400

Rankin Bottoms

Cocke County, TN

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9:00 a.m.

Harold Howell and I found both the Marbled Godwit and the Hudsonian Godwit
as well as at least one Red-necked Phalarope actively feeding in the same
place they were reported yesterday afternoon by Dave Kirschke and Rack
Cross. In addition, a beautiful Black-bellied Plover, still in breeding
plumage, was also in the same area this morning.

Don Miller and Mike Nelson were still at Rankin Bottoms when we left, and
I'm sure Don will have a more complete report later.

Ginger Goolsby

Morristown, TN