[TN-Bird] Gibson County birds - Lark Sparrow, etc.

  • From: Mark Greene <greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:02:08 -0700 (PDT)

May 31, 2012
Gibson County

I drove by Gibson County Lake, east of Trenton, this afternoon and there was
still one extremely ragged looking, heavily molted Common Loon present. I'm not
sure if this bird is injured or just waiting to finish molting to continue
migrating.

On the west side of Trenton, on Old Hwy 104 West, near mailbox #232, I flushed
a Lark Sparrow from the side of the road and it flew into a nearby yard for a
few seconds before flying out into a field.

In the last couple of weeks I have been seeing 5-6 Mississippi Kites over and
around the Trenton area. House Wrens have been all over this spring too with
multiple singing birds in Trenton, Humboldt, and Dyer.

Good birding,

Mark Greene
Trenton, TN
Gibson County