[TN-Bird] Gibson County arrivals

  • From: Mark Greene <greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:47:08 -0700 (PDT)

Thursday, April 18, 2013
Gibson County

I had my first Blue Grosbeaks and Indigo Buntings in the yard for this season
this morning. The male Blue Grosbeak already looks to be setting up his
territory and is singing away. I had my first Ruby-throated Hummingbird for the
yard yesterday as well with one male feeding on the Red Buckeye blooms and
coming to the feeder. Chipping Sparrows are busy building nests. I still have
several White-throated and White-crowned Sparrows in the yard but the juncos
have moved out.

I heard my first singing House Wren for the season this morning across from my
office in Trenton.

Good birding,

Mark Greene
Trenton, TN