[TN-Bird] Gary Myers (TWRA) letter to wildlife agencies

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:37:59 -0400

TN-Birders:
The following is a letter from Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Executive
Director Gary Myers regarding the International Association of Fish & Wildlife
Agencies meeting set for Sept. 11-16 at Nashville, TN.

Let's go birding....

Wallace Coffey
Bristol TN
-----------------------BEGIN FORWARD------------------------

Dear IAFWA Members and Colleagues:

I write to you during an especially exciting time for the International
Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (IAFWA) and the Tennessee Wildlife
Resources Agency, as we embark on one of the most unforgettable events in
recent years, the 95th IAFWA Annual Meeting. As you may already know, this
year, our meeting will be held at the beautiful Opryland Hotel in Nashville,
Tennessee (Sept. 11-16). The theme, "Investing in the Future of Wildlife," is a
timely focus, providing many opportunities to hear from our nation's wildlife
conservation leaders, partners, and management experts.
IAFWA will use the Annual Meeting to kick-off our efforts surrounding the State
Wildlife Strategies. Although they are not the event's only topic of
discussion, the strategies have a special place during the event as they will
have a significant influence on the future of wildlife funding. From the start,
five  years ago, when Congress charged each state and territory with developing
an action plan for wildlife conservation, the return would be a platform for
enhanced wildlife funding. When completed, the strategies will also provide an
opportunity for states, federal agencies, and other partners to strategically
think about their individual and coordinated roles in conservation efforts
across the nation.

In addition, and as always, our 95th IAFWA Annual Meeting is a great place for
partnership building and information exchange on funding, and a multitude of
wildlife conservation and management topics. Throughout the week, our committee
meetings, activities and gatherings will all serve to underscore our primary
focus on the conservation of natural resources. The meeting will cover a
variety of technical, administrative, and political topics-from migratory
birds, fisheries, and invasive species, to professional improvement, multistate
grants, wildlife law enforcement, and legislation.

Join us in Nashville, Tennessee as the nation's premiere wildlife professionals
gather during this week to discuss the inroads and challenges of fish and
wildlife management.

Sincerely,

Gary Myers, Executive Director
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency