[TN-Bird] Fwd: [missbird] Bob Sargent's memorial

  • From: van harris <shelbyforester1223@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 08:31:47 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lucy & Bob Duncan <town_point@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Subject: [missbird] Bob Sargent's memorial
To: albirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
nflbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Birders and friends of Bob Sargent,

Martha Sargent has asked that I let you know the plans for Bob’s memorial.
She wrote the following:

*It will be on October 25, 2014 at the Trussville Civic Center, 5381
Trussville-Clay Rd, Trussville, AL 35173 from 2-5 PM. Anyone that would
like to speak can do so at the service.*

Also, through AOS, Martha has said the following about HBSG and memorial
gifts [HBSG will band birds for the final time this fall at Ft. Morgan, and
will then disband.]:

*The final issue of the HBSG newsletter will designate three non-profit
organizations that Bob would have liked to see receive the memorial gifts.
She asked that we wait for that newsletter and then decide for ourselves
which of those organizations we would like to receive any donations we
might like to make.*

Lucy Duncan

PS.  *I would like to add that memorial gifts in Bob Sargent’s name would
be welcome as well by your local Audubon Chapters that often struggle to
make ends meet, while providing quality bird and environmental education
programs to children and others within the community. Lucy*

​Van Harris
Millington, TN​