[TN-Bird] Fwd: TVA Land Policy!

  • From: "Dev Joslin" <devjoslin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 02:19:38 -0600

TN-birders,

As many of you may already know, the new TVA board recently passed a new
policy on its publicly owned lands, many of which constitute important bird
habitat along the Tennessee River and its tributaries.

The new policy is much more supportive of conserving land in its "natural
state" for the future and much less supportive of selling it or promoting
residential, commercial or industrial development.

I am sure letters that any of you wrote in support of this policy made a
difference.

For more details on the new policy, please read on below, and/or check on
the web page to read the text of the actual new policy:
http://tva.gov/river/landandshore/land_policy.htm.

Hurray for the new TVA Board!

Dev Joslin
Monteverde, Costa Rica