[TN-Bird] [Fwd: Fall in the Smokies?]

  • From: Raincrow <raincrow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TNbird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:30:22 -0400

Well, Charlie, I must be a half-season ahead, too, because I've seen
numerous early harbingers of autumn down here in my part of the
flatlands, including my ironweed. Of course the birds responded to last
week's drop in night temps -- the geese very pronouncedly "V-ed up" and
the K-25 black vulture community started kettling in earnest as they do
each fall. We might not get our first hard freeze down here until
November (as has happened for the past 2 years; I am not used to this!),
but some parts of my tiny universe seem to think it's already September.

Liz Singley
Kingston TN