[TN-Bird] Re: Fw: Sibley's "split" Eastern and Western guides

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 07:29:38 EST

These two new Sibley Guides are presently on all the "e" mail book seller's
sites and I believe readily available. The lowest discounted price I saw was
$13.95.

The more I go through them the more I like them. Far better than any other
split guides I've seen with each containing most of the birds that are rare
wanderers in either direction. There are accounts for 810 species in the
original book and these are covered by 703 species in the Western guide and
650 in the Eastern guide with many overlaps.

The maps are much more accurate than the "Big" book and many improvements
over that book are scattered throughout. The ID hints given in added boxes
and much more text make them more user informative. At $13.95 or so I would
think a lot of people are going to find them a nice addition to their guide
collection if they carry them in the field or not.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA
Bartlett Tenn.