[TN-Bird] Franklin's and Laughing gulls, Black-necked Stilt, Sumner Co.

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 09:43:48 EDT

10-8-05
Sumner Co.

Not all results are in from our Nashville Fall Count on October 8, but Chris
Sloan found some notables I'd like to report.  There was 1 adult Franklin's
Gull and 6 Laughing Gulls together on Drakes Creek of Old Hickory Lake, Sumner
County.  He and Judy Luna saw them from Drakes Creek Marina on Sanders Ferry
Rd. as you look out toward the rookery.

Chris and Judy also found 1 Black-necked Stilt at Gallatin Steam Plant in
Sumner County.  This was the only shorebird at that location, and a very rare
find for Middle TN.

Jan Shaw, compiler
Nashville, TN