[TN-Bird] Re: Franklin County, Winchester Whoopers Still Here

  • From: "Martin Hall" <rmhall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mmcghee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:58:44 -0600

Mack
I agree with you too. With the limited number of Whoopers there are now =
and
the very slow rate that their numbers are growing, most of us will be =
dead
and gone by the time the cranes reach the numbers that Mr. Roedel thinks
they should be before we try to see them. And like you say, who better =
than
birders to keep an eye on the cranes. Would the Ornithologist even know
where the birds were if not for the birders? And as far as human
interaction, you saw how far away the birds are from the road and on =
private
property too. They don't even know we're in the world. If anything would
bother them it would be the industrial park and National Guard Armory =
right
across the road.

I'm glad you and your wife got a chance to see the cranes. You never =
know,
you may never get a chance to see them again in your lifetime. Give me a
call, I don't mind sharing information with other birders, even if they =
work
for the "Govment"

Martin Hall
Lynchburg, TN