[TN-Bird] Five Months of Red-breasted Nuthatches

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:01:28 -0500

Tomorrow will mark five months straight (at least one sighting per day) having
Red-breasted Nuthatches at our black oil sunflower tube feeder; for some reason
they've avoided our suet cakes. I know this is a major irruption year for the
species, but this is getting ridiculous! The only reason I can find that
they've stayed so close is the high number of cavities in the locust trees in
our backyard and adjacent yards.
Attaching a shot from 1/24/13.... the first bird arrived on 10/27/12.
How much longer might they stick around????
Ed SchneiderNashville