[TN-Bird] Field Trip

  • From: "Tom Howe" <blountbirder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:50:40 -0500

12/11/14

Knox County

FIELD TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT:

KTOS is having field trip to the Bristol area (Musick's Campground and South
Holston Dam and Weir) this Saturday, December 13.
Leader: Jay Sturner (flowerpetalsonthecreek@xxxxxxxxx / 865-244-7819)

Meet at 7:00 a.m. at the Food City on Kingston Pike near the intersection of
Kingston Pike and Northshore Dr. (5941 Kingston Pike, Knoxville) to carpool.
It will take about 2.5 hrs to get to Musick's Campground, where we'll look
for our target bird, EARED GREBE.

After Musick's we'll visit the South Holston Weir and Dam for looks at other
waterfowl.

Bring lunch and drinks and plan on a full day with return to Knoxville late
afternoon or early evening.

Tom Howe