[tn-bird] Re: Feeder Damage

  • From: "Ford & Cordrey" <fordcordrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:08:26 -0500

Interesting problem, since you are located close to me and I began have some
problems about a week ago. First my suet cake disappeared, then my feeder
was attacked. I have an "Absolute" squirrel proof feeder, with the metal
door that shuts with pressure to the perching bar, attached to an "L" shaped
pole to the deck with a baffle on the pole. The baffle was removed and
tossed aside, and the metal door was bent! That was no squirrel, and I
wonder whether a raccoon would be that strong. It took some doing to bend it
back, and repair the baffle, but no new problems thus far.

Susan Ford
Cookeville, TN