[TN-Bird] Fall MOS Meeting: Sept. 19-21 with photographer and ID expert Kevin Karlson

  • From: Jason Hoeksema <jason.hoeksema@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:54:34 -0500

TN-birders,
The Mississippi Ornithological Society (MOS) will hold its *fall meeting*
in Greenwood, MS the weekend of September 19-21, 2014. We really hope
you'll consider a trip south to join us.  Our special guest will be
*photographer
and ID expert Kevin Karlson <http://www.kevinkarlsonphotography.com> *(*The
Shorebird Guide*
<http://www.amazon.com/The-Shorebird-Guide-Michael-OBrien/dp/0618432949/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405387349&sr=8-1&keywords=the+shorebird+guide>),
who will give presentations on the amazing lives and varieties of
shorebirds as well as his impressionistic approach to bird identification.
In addition, Kevin will lead an interactive 1/2-day field workshop on
Saturday to put shorebird identification to practice and showcase Delta
birding. Meeting events will be scheduled for Friday evening through
Saturday evening with field trips Saturday and Sunday morning. During the
weekend, we expect to find 14+ species of shorebirds (including American
Avocets, Black-necked Stilts, and their more cryptic cousins), along with
thousands of waders (including Wood Stork & Roseate Spoonbill), and migrant
passerines. Delta birding can be fantastic this time of year.

For *additional details* including speaker bio, lodging information, and
itinerary, please visit this page:
http://www.mississippiornithologicalsociety.com/fall_meeting_announcement.pdf

For online (or mail-in) meeting *registration*, please visit this webpage:
http://www.mississippiornithologicalsociety.com/FallMeeting.htm

Also: You can now *join MOS online*. MOS members will receive discounted
registration for this event, are eligible to register for a meet & greet
with Kevin Karlson on Sept. 19, and also will receive discounted
registration for future field trips led by Delta Wind Birds
<http://www.deltawindbirds.org/events/> (who is co-sponsoring this fall MOS
meeting). To join MOS, please visit this webpage:
http://www.mississippiornithologicalsociety.com/Membership%20info.htm

We hope to see you in Greenwood in September!

best wishes,
Jason Hoeksema & J.R. Rigby
Oxford, MS