[TN-Bird] FW: Re: Turf wars

  • From: "Raincrow" <raincrow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:00:09 -0700

I was shocked, several years back, to hear that house sparrows will kill adult
bluebirds and swallows battling over a nest box. Up until then I'd never heard
of songbirds substantially injuring one another, much less killing one another,
intra- or extraspecies. Mammals, lots of 'em yes, little bitty songbirds, no...
Liz Singley
Kingston TN (Roane Co.)