[TN-Bird] FW: President Bush discusses bird conservation - news and analysis

  • From: "Charles P. Nicholson" <cpnichol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ConsPolComm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:42:48 -0400

Many of you probably saw a photo of President Bush posing with a screech-owl
in your Sunday newspaper.  This was part of the coverage of a short talk on
bird conservation that he made at Patuxent Research Refuge in Maryland on
Saturday.  Following is an analysis of the points he made in his speech,
along with the full text of his speech.  This analysis was assembled by
Ellen Paul of the Ornithological Council.  While President Bush did not
propose very much in the way of new initiatives or increased funding for
existing programs, let's hope he and Congress follow though and implement
and fully fund the programs he discussed.

Chuck Nicholson
Norris, TN