[TN-Bird] FOS Blue-winged Teal, Nashville, TN

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 07:50:58 -0600

Tenn. State Univ.
Davidson Co.
Nashville, TN
Tuesday 2010 March 9
7:15 am

On my way to work I stopped for 5 minutes at the small marsh and
pond between Dr. Walter S. Davis Blvd and the Cumberland River.
There were six species of ducks there, the best of the
lot being a single male BLUE-WINGED TEAL, my first of 2010.
Over the past 6 months I've seen 11 duck species there.
The list of 14 birds species found this morning is given below.

Gadwall     11
Mallard      7
Blue-winged Teal  1
N. Shoveler  9