[TN-Bird] Eurasian Wigeon

  • From: "Tommy Curtis" <tcbirdwatch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird Post" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 08:32:58 -0600

We drove down to Wheeler NWR near Decatur, AL, yesterday to see the ducks
and cranes that winter there.  We were unaware that a male Eurasian Wigeon
had been seen and posted to the Alabama birding list so seeing this beauty
made the visit even better.  It was not a lifer for us but being able to see
it from the comfort of a heating building was great.  Thought I would post
just in case any Tennessee birders would be interested in looking for this
bird as well as seeing up close the hundreds of Sandhill Cranes, several
Whooping Cranes, and the many varieties of ducks on the pond near the
visitor's center.

Tommy & Virginia Curtis

Smithville, TN

DeKalb County