[TN-Bird] Re: Eurasian Collared-dove

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 07:17:50 EDT

Eurasian Collared-Doves were seen in Memphis at two locations, north  and
southeast in the spring of 1993. I have a photo of a pair copulating taken  May
23, 1993. There were multiple nests at the southeast location and a nest
located in north Memphis that fall. Research done of their progressive spread
across the Florida panhandle, through Alabama was as  usual a movement to the
northwest and fit the arrival date in Memphis.  I saw the first bird for
Mississippi at Greenwood Island on the coast the year  before and a thriving
population
was there in the following years. They  also appeared in two locations in AR
in 1993.

Good  Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL'COOT / TLBA