[TN-Bird] Eurasian Collared Doves- Franklin/ Coffee Co

  • From: "Roy and Melissa Turrentine" <roymel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bird line" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 07:06:53 -0600

My husband, Roy, & I were in Belvidere, TN (Franklin Co) at the general store
and on the way to the car, we heard the familiar call/song of the eurasian
collared dove on Wed Dec 29. We were unable to visually confirm since the
direction of the call was in the yard of the homes across the street. We are
very familiar with the bird and its call since we frequent Florida for birding
evry two years or so. It was a surprise, since Belvidere is very rural and not
what we consider the habitat we imagine the bird to be seen.
Friday, Dec 31, Roy was accompanying a friend to Tullahoma and saw two more
eurasian collared doves along the railroad track (Washington St- west of 1st
Bapt Church parking lot)...this is in Coffee Co. I have seen collared doves in
Smyrna, etc but have yet to have seen/hear them that close to our home in
Normandy.
Melissa Turrentine
Normandy TN
Bedford Co