[TN-Bird] Ensley Pits - day 2

  • From: Chris Sloan <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 12:01:54 -0500

I went back to the Ensley Pits (sw. Shelby Co.) for a few hours this
morning with my two favorite young birders, Chloe and Nolan Walker, and
their dad Thomas.  Chloe and Nolan each get multiple lifers.

There was some shorebird turnover from yesterday, but numbers were up and
all of the same species seen yesterday were still present, plus three new
ones for a total of 16 species.  The new species were:

Lesser Yellowlegs - 2
American Golden-Plover - 2 ads.
Buff-breasted Sandpiper - 1 juv

The Fulvous Whistling-Duck was still present but harder to find.  One pair
of Black-bellieds had two very small fluffy babies.  A imm. Snowy Egret was
the only other noteworthy find.

Back again in the morning for my last visit on this trip...

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN
http://www.chrissloanphotography.com