[tn-bird] Re: Ensley Bottoms directions

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 08:37:40 EDT

Ensley Info:

Here are the directions I wrote for ABA's Guide to Metropolitan Areas of NA.
The map show the location of the Painted Buntings. I can forward the Map to
those interested. I would have to get these to you this afternoon if you will
drop me a line. I will not be able to get back to you for a week after this
afternoon.

Directions:  Coming from the north or south take exit nine (Mallory) off
I-55, go east on Mallory one block and then right (south) on Riverport. After
two miles this road runs on top of a levee which borders some great wetland
habitat that produces: Turkey, night-herons, egrets and herons, with
occasional Tri-colored Heron, ibis and Wood Storks. Proceed to Plant Rd; you
will pass the signs for T.O. Fuller State Park and Chucalissa Indian Village;
remember those for later. Take a right on Plant Road and this will take you
past the TVA Lake and Allen Steam Plant and straight into the parking lot of
T. E. Maxson Waste Water Treatment Plant. Here you can check for information
on existing conditions or restrictions. Reverse your course, and when you get
back to Riverport go straight across and proceed south on Buoy Street past
the drying and maintenance buildings to the lagoons.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA
Bartlett Tenn.