[TN-Bird] Elizabethton Airport

  • From: "John W. Adams" <jwadams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:31:05 -0500

I went to St. John's today to get wild bird seed and scratch feed (for the
ground birds).
From there, I went to Minton Hollow Road (Stoney Creek) and to the landfill.
Then I went across the mtn to Judge Ben Allen Road.  Then by airport on
Airport Road.  I found an American Kestrel along the road, sitting on a
utility wire, waging its tail.  This is a RARE bird in Carter County because
I have not seen one in years in Carter County, or Unicoi Co.

John W. Adams
715 Ridgefield Road
Elizabethton, TN 37643
jwadams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx