[TN-Bird] Ebird observations in Rutherford County

  • From: FINCH64@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:31:38 EDT

I notice that between 2001 and 2005 someone submitted several observations
to eBird for birds in a specific area of Rutherford County southeast of
Mufreesboro. A green circle appears on the same place on the map for several
species
of interest to me in Rutherford County. I am trying to pin-point the exact
location.

It is roughly between I-24 and Bradyville Pike. Some of the communities in
the area are Big Springs, Donnell Chapel and Gum. Some of the landmarks in the
area are Long Ridge, Gowen Knob, Prater Hill and Jacob Hollow. Some of the
smaller roads are Big Springs Road, Mankin Road, Cobbs Road, Cedar Grove Road,
Jacobs Road and Lowe Road.

If anybody knows the specific area that was birded, please let me know. I
would like to check it out myself.

Thanks for any assistance in locating the area observed.

Barry Jernigan
Murfreesboro, Rutherford Co, TN