[TN-Bird] East TN Swainson's Warbler locations?

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 08:32:54 -0500

TN-birders,

I've been contacted by a couple from Indiana who are very interested in trying
for Swainson's this coming week. They are currently in FL, and are planning on
coming up to the Smokies. We have several pretty reliable places for Swainson's
over here in west TN, but this would be pretty far out of their way to come
get. I know I've seen several Swainson's posted from the mountains, are any of
these still reliable? I don't know anything about Cove Lake or I would put them
on that. If anyone has a good site and directions (I'm still thinking Cove Lake
is the most likely place) I could pass on, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Thanks and good birding!!!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
Carroll Co.