[TN-Bird] Eagleville bird ID

  • From: queen mab <queenmab001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 09:40:42 -0700 (PDT)

Eagleville, TN
Rutherford County
08-04-13
10:30AM

I was taking trash to the dump and decided just to make a quick run-through at
North Lane and Swamp. What I found were bluebirds, male Kingfisher, Red-winged
Blackbirds, a hawk and to the right on Swamp at the small pond surrounded by
trees, I saw a Great Egret and two smaller white birds. I am wondering if they
were juvenile Great Egrets. I see the yellowing of the legs, but the black tip
on the beak is throwing me. I looked in Sibley's and Crossley's, but I don't
see a similar pic of a juvenile Great Egret. Can someone confirm, please?

Marnie Mitchell
Rutherford County