[TN-Bird] Eagle Bend fish hatchery Tern

  • From: "Ron and Dollyann" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <TN-Bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 17:12:56 -0400

TN-birders,
Not to be outdone by the rest of the state, Dollyann and I went to Eagle Bend
fish hatchery this afternoon, which is in Anderson County on the very east end
of Clinton. We did find a lone tern, but instead of it being a Black Tern, it
was instead a juvenile LEAST TERN! This was a new species for us in Anderson
County (211 now). This bird was also banded. I will send in the data to the
Bird Banding Lab and when I get the results, I'll post them to this list-serve.

Also seen today was:
1 - Semipalmated Plover,
4 - Least Sandpipers,
1 - Lesser Yellowlegs