[TN-Bird] Re: Eagle Bend Fish Hatchery

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx" <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>, Dean Edwards <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 09:32:46 -0700 (PDT)

I also 2nd (or 3rd I guess) this line. I also have all of these books, all
great guides. Paulson's Pacific Northwest guide is much more useful for us than
the name would have you believe, as Chris mentioned.  A couple of other
worthwhile, but less well-known guides are Shorebirds of North America, Europe,
and Asia by Stephen Message and Don Taylor, a great and very portable book no
photos just plates and Chandler's North Atlantic Shorebirds which is tiny and
not as extensively illustrated as the others, but a great little book. I would
also put The Shorebird Guide as the first one I usually go to when I am going
to research something.

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx