[TN-Bird] Duck River Migrants

  • From: birdchaserrws <birdchaserrws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 18:01:45 -0500

  Alan Troyer and I spent part of the afternoon today 3/8/15 at the Duck River
Unit of the TNWR, (Humphreys County, TN)
  Highlights were a first year Lesser Black-backed Gull feeding in a flooded
field with Ringbills and 15 Pectoral Sandpipers.

  There was also a flock of Lapland Longspurs (70) in a corn-stubble field with
some Horned Larks, and several Tree Swallows passing through.
  The best birds were five Mute Swans that appeared to have arrived recently,
seen out on the Duck River from the first pullout (overlook) on the left.
  All of these birds were along Refuge Road.
Ruben Stoll, Centerville, TN.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone