[TN-Bird] Re: Duck RIver Unit

  • From: Ruben Stoll <birdchaserrws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, queen mab <queenmab001@xxxxxxxxx>, Tnbird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 08:52:16 -0500

 Duck River Unit, TNWR, Humphreys County. I have been out to the Refuge every
day for the last 3days and would count it a privilege to go again today but
looks like it's going to be all work for me. Here are a few more details on the
Purple Gallinule. Take Long Street out of New Johnsonville,follow signs to main
entrance to the refuge, which is probably still closed. Hike out the main
Refuge Road. First you cross the canal about a quarter mile out where everyone
is fishing. Then you pass yellow gates on the left that lead to some boat dock.
(Watch for shorebirds on the right) Next you pass the entrance to the wildlife
drive on the right. At this point you can see the second set of yellow gates
ahead on the left. Just after you pass these gates there is a pullover on the
left that overlooks the main river. As you stand and look out across the river,
the Bird should be about 30 yards away in front of you and to the right. If
nobody's flushed the Bird, you should not have to wait long. Be warned,
however, that the Refuge is subject to quick flooding. The Bird should not be
affected by this, but you might have to swim out! Ruben Stoll, Centerville, TN.

Sent from my LG Mobile