[TN-Bird] Re: Downy woodpecker/hummingbirds

  • From: "Sylvia Anglin" <sang905@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:26:03 -0400

Dee, we've regularly had a female Downy drinking from our hummer feeder for
the last few weeks!  (We've got some photos, but they're not posted on a
website yet, for sharing.)

Just this morning, we watched 5 hummers battling it out for dominance at the
feeder on our back deck. During the battle, the only  prolonged drink was by
a male and female sitting side-by-side. At the same time, we had two hummers
at the feeder in the front yard.  We're wondering if migrators are
challenging our residents.

Thanking God for last night's rain!
Sylvia and Randi Anglin
between Antioch & Brentwood, southeast Davidson County TN