[TN-Bird] Re: Do black snakes eat birds?/

  • From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <likebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "tn-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 15:04:05 -0400

Yes, they eat birds.  We had a three foot one crawl up the pillars on the
porch, slither along a ceiling board, and crawl down a hanging plant holder to
get baby Carolina Wrens that were in a nest in the plant.  I caught him and
took the wren out of his mouth.  We let him go a ways away from the house.  The
next night, he was curling his way up the post again, so we released him on the
opposite side of the creek.  No more snake on the porch.   Jean obrist, Cocke Co