[TN-Bird] Directions to Ensley Bottoms

  • From: "John and Linda" <jalvzemp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:20:53 -0500

Yes, Jim, this is the same as the Earth Complex.  Directions:  Take 240 loop
SW.  Exit onto 61 Hwy.  This is the same as 3rd St.  Go south, not very far.
There is a red light.  Here, turn right onto Peebles.  Follow this, quite a
ways.  You will come to a stop sign, with a gas station on the left.  This
is Mitchell.  Turn right.  This turns into Plant Rd.  Keep going until you
can't go any further.  This is Riverport Rd.  Turn Left.  It is a big place,
but for the "Pits", take the first left.

I want to be sure you are aware, our chapter of the TN Ornithological
Society is hosting the state meeting April 29, 30 and May 1st.  We will have
maps to and of Ensley, Shelby Forest and Shelby Farms.  We will also have
field trips to those 3 locations on Sat AM.  There is also a dinner, Sat at
6 pm.  Our speaker will be Paul Baicich.  The cost for the registration for
the meeting and the dinner is $35.00.  If you plan to come to the dinner, it
would help us out if you would register soon.  You can do this by calling
Carolyn Bullock at 683-3818.  You are welcome to just show up at Ensley for
the field trip Sat AM, if this is all that will fit into your schedule.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me at
jalvzemp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Linda Zempel, Vice President, Memphis chapter TOS

Bartlett, TN

Shelby CO.