[TN-Bird] Dickcissel at Seven Islands

  • From: Morton Massey <massey6932@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:35:10 -0400

20 birders showed up for Seven Islands first monthly bird walk (Knox County)
this morning 6/24/2105. The highlight was seeing the dickcissel that had been
previously reported 3 days ago.

If you go out to Seven islands there is now a large map inside the barn at the
parking lot where bird sightings can be indicated. I marked the location today
on the dickcissel. It was basically seen half way between the maintenance barn
and the green (unoccupied house) along the road. The bird was working out in
the field and was moving around a lot. We also had a singing grasshopper
sparrow in the same area.

Morton Massey
Knoxville.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Morton Massey <massey6932@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: June 24, 2015 at 11:25:17 AM EDT
To: Morton Massey <massey6932@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: eBird -- Seven Islands State Birding Park -- Jun 24, 2015

MortMassey
Jun 24, 2015
Seven Islands State Birding Park
Traveling
3.5 miles
188 Minutes
Observers: 20
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.8
15 Canada Goose
2 Northern Bobwhite
10 Great Blue Heron
1 Green Heron
1 Black Vulture
1 Turkey Vulture
1 American Kestrel
6 Mourning Dove
2 Yellow-billed Cuckoo
3 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
4 Red-bellied Woodpecker
1 Northern Flicker
3 Eastern Phoebe
3 Eastern Kingbird
1 White-eyed Vireo
2 Blue Jay
4 American Crow
2 Northern Rough-winged Swallow
2 Purple Martin
24 Tree Swallow
15 Barn Swallow
1 Carolina Chickadee
2 Tufted Titmouse
4 Carolina Wren
1 House Wren
2 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
4 Eastern Bluebird
1 Wood Thrush
2 American Robin
5 Northern Mockingbird
2 Brown Thrasher
2 European Starling
1 Cedar Waxwing
4 Prothonotary Warbler
4 Common Yellowthroat
7 Yellow-breasted Chat
11 Eastern Towhee
1 Chipping Sparrow
12 Field Sparrow
1 Grasshopper Sparrow
2 Song Sparrow
3 Summer Tanager
6 Northern Cardinal
1 Blue Grosbeak
10 Indigo Bunting
1 Dickcissel -- Yellow chest with black throat marking. Singing and moving
around a lot. Between maintenance barn and green house in open field.
Picture to follow.
10 Red-winged Blackbird
7 Common Grackle
20 Brown-headed Cowbird
2 Orchard Oriole
8 American Goldfinch
1 Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)

<BirdsEye Log iOS - 2015-06-24 08:13 - Seven Islands State Birding Park.csv>

Sent from my iPhone