[TN-Bird] Dead Peregrine Falcon by the Interstate?

  • From: Chad Smith <kingbird09@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:09:04 -0500

Coffee County, 9/30/13

On the way to work this morning, I saw what has to be a Peregrine Falcon lying
beside I-24.  It was the right size, had bright yellow legs and feet, and dark
gray and white plumage which was evident even though half the bird was in the
grass.  The bird appeared to be in pristine condition, probably struck in
flight, and is off the road enough to not be hit again.  Don't know if anyone
goes out to collect these things, but if so, you can contact me and I'll tell
you exactly where it is.

Chad Smith
Murfreesboro, TN