[TN-Bird] Davidson Co. Bald Eagles

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: TN-Bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:04:45 EST

Dec. 16, 2005
Harpeth River State Park
Davidson County TN
Driving past Hidden Lake section of Harpeth River State Park today I observed
a "pair" of adult Bald Eagles circling overhead. As I passed they were joined
by a third adult. Park manager Jane Polanski had reports of individual BAEA
sightings this fall and recently sighted one here herself. This park is not far
as the eagle flies from a consistently occupied eagle nest site in Cheatham
Co. to the west.

Driving into Nashville on Interstate 40 another "gathering of eagles" of
sorts was observed: 5 F15 jets doing a fly-over in preperation for Sunday's
Tennessee Titans game. The real birds were much more impressive to me.

Richard Connors
Nashville