[TN-Bird] Cumberland Co. Gallinule and Bledsoe Co. Scissor-tail

  • From: Susan McWhirter <snmcwhirter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 19:43:24 -0500

Mac and I had the Common Gallinule this afternoon at Lake Hiawatha in
Cumberland Co. It would have been impossible to see without a scope. It was
all the way across the lake up against the tan reeds and almost
motionless. (Thanks to Ed for finding it and to all those who continued to
post its sighting.)

In a roundabout way of coming home we came down the Sequatchie Valley on
hiway 127. At mile 23 at Ninemile we had a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. I had
just remarked to Mac that this is where we had seen them before, and he
said, "There's one now!"

Susan McWhirter
McMinnville, Warren Co.