[TN-Bird] Crider's Red-tailed Hawk at Agricenter

  • From: knoxmartin2@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:40:58 -0400 (EDT)

While I was at the Mid-South Raptor Center located on the grounds of Agricenter
International in east Memphis (Shelby County) on Sunday, 25 March, I observed a
mature Crider's Red-tailed Hawk perched on a telephone pole near the center. I
watched it for at least fifteen minutes before it flew away. In the past there
was a winter resident Crider's that was observed often in the area, but I have
not heard of it in a year or more. This could be that individual or another.

Knox Martin
Mid-South Raptor Center
Memphis, Shelby County