[TN-Bird] Re: Corker's non-response response re: Migratory Bird Treaty Act

  • From: Lyda Phillips <lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cynthia Anne Routledge <routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tn Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 11:42:06 -0500

I agree with you re: personal letters and calls. I have worked as a political
reporter and this is really true that the calls get their attention. But an
inundation of letters, especially if they contain personal commentary, will
also get their attention, but there have to be a lot of them. I also sent the
Conservancy one, which went to both senators. The Audubon one just went to
Corker for some reason. That's great information that Alexander is on the
pertinent committee.

Lyda Phillips
(301) 518-7538 (cell)
www.lydaphillips.com
writerworking.blogspot.com/

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 11:34:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [TN-Bird] Corker's non-response response re: Migratory Bird Treaty
Act
From: routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx; tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning…. Lyda, the letter you received is the EXACT same one I received as I
suspect many others have too. My guess is a form letter sent by an aide.
While I think continuing to send the pre-written letters via ABC or Audubon
websites is a necessary thing. Along with personal letter as recommended by
David Aborn, I would also highly recommend CALLING. There’s nothing like
receiving a phone call. Granted you’ll still probably be talking to an “aide”
of Corker’s…but person to person shows effort and commitment .
For those of you who want to the phone number is: 423-756-2757 this is his
office in Chattanooga and here is his number in Washington: 202-224-3344
Just my 2 cents.
<") ( \ / |` Cyndi RoutledgeSoutheastern Avian ResearchSpecializing in
Winter Hummingbird banding1515 N. Willow Bend CourtClarksville, TN
37043931-206-3517
From: Lyda Phillips <lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 9:51 AM
To: Tn Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>